Resources associated with CAI Learning CommunityPresentation/Webinar
Recorded webinars and presentationsCAI Webinar: Diagnostic Error and CRP
Resources associated with CAI Learning Community
Recorded webinars and presentations
Webinar Date: September 17, 2020
Dr. Gordon Schiff talks about diagnostic error and how efforts to reduce diagnostic error align with the principles of communication and resolution programs.
Presenter: Dr. Gordon Schiff (Brigham and Women’s Center for Patient Safety Research and Practice, Harvard Medical School)
- Describe the frequency/epidemiology of diagnostic errors based on published studies and surveys.
- Define diagnosis errors, and using a Venn diagram model differentiate diagnostic process errors, misdiagnosis, and adverse outcomes.
- List 3 approaches to minimizing and preventing diagnostic errors.
- Explain ways that missed/under diagnosis and overdiagnosis are related rather than just opposites
- Describe overlapping and synergistic domains between the diagnostic error/improvement movement andCommunication and Resolution Program (CRP) efforts.