Members learn from one another in multiple forums and work together to advance the spread of CRPs.
The Collaborative achieves many of its outcomes through its strong, action-oriented committees. Members produce CRP best practice tools and resources, training curricula, on-site services, shared learning experiences, CRP innovations, policy recommendations, and research.
Best Practices Committee
- Creates best practice tools for implementing and evaluating CRPs
- Directs the development of innovative new CRP resources
- Organizes shared learning experiences to quickly disseminate CRP best practices and innovations
Patient and Family Advocate Committee
- Educates patients, families, and patient advocates about CRPs and the work of CAI
- Provides guidance to CAI leadership and committees on remaining patient-centered, involving patients and families in the CRP process, and cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness in CAI and CRPs
- Identifies opportunities for patients and families to provide a voice and their perspective for CRP work through publications and presentations
- Develops policy recommendations and best practices at the institutional, state and federal level
- Contacts key policy leaders when issues relevant to the CRP are being discussed or decided
- Proposes cooperative projects with state and federal policymakers and regulators to better align regulatory processes and systems with CRPs