Northwest CRP Leader Retreat: Achieving Benefits, Avoiding Pitfalls
When: September 27-28, 2017
Where: Marriott, SeaTac International Airport | 3201 176th Street | SeaTac, WA 98188
Learn how your organization can implement an effective communication and resolution program (CRP) at this retreat for healthcare leaders.
Despite our best efforts as care providers, adverse events happen far too often. Most efforts to respond to them don’t actively improve patient safety or meet the needs of patients and providers. CRPs turn adverse events into opportunities for improvement. They ensure open communication after an adverse event is discovered, a comprehensive analysis of what happened with subsequent safety improvements, emotional support for patients and providers, and an appropriate resolution. At this retreat, healthcare leaders will learn how to implement CRPs effectively in their organizations.
At the conclusion of this two-day program, participants will be able to:
- Define the core components of a CRP and why each component is critical to a CRP’s effectiveness
- Describe the common barriers healthcare organizations experience when implementing a CRP and the strategies for overcoming them
- Conduct a CRP gap analysis at their institution and interpret the results
- Develop a plan for their organization to effectively implement a CRP
This two day event will feature:
- Thomas H. Gallagher, MD, University of Washington
- Timothy McDonald, MD, JD, MedStar Institute for Quality and Safety
- Local CRP Leaders including: Paula Bradlee (Overlake), Claire Hagan (Providence), Dana Kahn (Virginia Mason), Marcia Rhodes (University of Washington)
- Plus, a panel of Board/C-suite members from local hospitals discussing CRP challenges and opportunities
The SeaTac Marriott hotel is offering a discounted rate for conference attendees. Click here to make online reservations with the discount (or call 206.241.2000 and mention “UW Medicine”). You must book by September 6 to receive the discounted rate of $179 per night.
The agenda and prospectus are available here: NW CRP Leader Retreat Prospectus
Interested in sponsoring this event? Download our sponsorship package to learn more about the benefits: NW CRP Leader Retreat Sponsorship Package